Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Lemhi pass to 4 miles from Bannock pass

So we slept in the privy last night. There was no camping allowed at the spring source of the Missouri and we didn't feel like hiking the mile or two it'd take to get to a decent camp spot. The privy was very clean and smelt like it'd been recently washed. This was the third time I've slept in one and they've all been good experiences.
I forgot to mention but my pack broke yesterday. The main stay in the center of the pack snapped right in two. It had been feeling weird for a few days before that. I don't know why it broke mt pack was relatively light compared to some of the loads I've put in it in the desert. I jerry rigged a temporary fix by splinting the two pieces back together using duck tape and a tent stake. It actually feels better now than it did last week. We actually broke the rest of the frame while putting the stay back in the pack but another stake and more duck tape fixed it right up. I got ahold of ULA and they are going to send me replacement pieces to Lima.
The hike was gorgeous again and relativity easy since we stayed up on the divide for most of it. We dropped down at the end to head toward Bannock pass which is our access point to the town of Leadore.

No comments:

Post a Comment