Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Somewhere near the border to crazy cook

Today was a lot more difficult than it needed to be. I was already low on water since I have most of it to that guy yesterday and I woke up with diarrhea. Joy. I was still well hydrated and the hike to the boarder was easy and downhill. I got up super early to make sure I hiked the remaining 5ish miles before the shuttle and I made it with ease. There was one water source 2.5 miles from the border but I chose not to grab it. It was really bad cow water and there was no way I could get to it without getting soaked. I knew if i could just hold out for a little bit the shuttle would have water. I made it and took a picture like the southern terminus of the AT. Same clothes and everything. I'm going to have to do that at the PCT sometime.

I didn't go back to the water cache to look for the guy I gave the water to since one of the shuttle drivers was going straight to silver city. The other driver said he'd go check on him.

We stopped off at the lordsburg econo lodge to grab my new water filter but it hadn't arrived yet. Thanks 2 day amazon guarantee. I ordered it the day I left but still beat it to lordsburg. I made arrangements with the econo lodge owner to ship it ahead to me in pie town since my ride couldn't wait until 3 when it was supposed to arrive. But while we were working on that the ups guy showed up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment