Tuesday, April 21, 2015

In silver city

Since I have time here is the link to my spot tracker. It has a password on it. If you want to know the password just ask and I'll give it to you... the next time I have signal... which could be a few weeks.  My parents also have the password so if you know their contact info you could try ask them.

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=1kyuyXn2PTBTQjvrtv98n0QIIkOSAkUzc

Here are some stats to tide you over.

Fitbit steps: 215,675
Samsung steps: 173,050
Fitbit miles: 94.79
Samsung miles: 77.27
Fitbit stairs: 504
Actual trail miles: 83.37

For some reason the phone didn't record my steps on 4/17 very well. It's only half what it should be for that day. Which is why they are lower than expected.

On another note the guy I helped is safely out. I got a call at 5 today asking for the exact location I last saw him so border patrol could mount a search. The other driver who was waiting had hiked in searching but couldn't locate him so when he got back to town they called border patrol to look. It seems he had only made it another 1.5 miles before getting lost or calling it quits. He setup camp to wait for help, which is good since that's what I told him to do. Border Patrol was able to find him shortly after they received the info from me and pull him out a bit dehydrated but in ok shape. I still feel a bit guilty for leaving him and not going back to look for him, but in the shape I'm in now they'd probably have to pull us both out. My stomach has finally settled down so I should be good to go hiking tomorrow. Plus at some point you have to be responsible for your own actions and I think I did enough to ensure he would be ok. I made sure he had what should have been more than enough water to make 5 miles and was in full control of his body and mind when I left him, plus I offered to help him walk back to the border with me. Anyway everything is OK now so I can hopefully let it go and sleep peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment