Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 99

RJ and I still had a lot of stuff to do in town; laundry, shopping, eating more all you can eat buffets so we were planning on doing a very short 5 miles out of town. Which worked out well cause late last night the cops showed up around 10:30 pm and woke all the people camping up to check their IDs. It seems that there had been a known violent sex offender that had used the YMCA the day before who they were looking for. He had already left town though. We headed off to a local restaurant which has an all you can eat pancake breakfast challenge for $6... it was closed while they resurfaced their floors. That made me so very very sad. I love pancakes and I'm sure I could have beaten that challenge easily. So we did laundry, resupplied our food stocks and decided to head over to the local pizza hut for lunch to eat at their buffet... turns out the local pizza hut doesn't have a buffet. That made me sad again but I still ate 3/4 a large pizza so it wasn't all lost. At this point RJ and I decided it was best if we just head out of town and continue our hike. So we called another trail angel, miss lady's husband as it turns out, and got a ride out of town with a quick stop off at the local outfitter. I needed a new pair of shoes as my old ones were falling apart after hiking in them from Hanover. I also bought a new platypus collapsible water bottle for my Sawyer filter since the one I picked up in frederick had gotten a hole in it already. That was pure carelessness on my part and nothing to do with the quality of the bag. The shelter was lovely but disappointing. The guide said there was a nice waterfall with a swimming pool under it... there wasn't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment