Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 100

RJ and I have a fairly agressive shedule lined up with us doing basically 22 mile days every day except one for the next 6 days. Today's hike was a good one having us go up over a 3600 ft and 3980 ft mountains. Unlike the mountains up north though these were a cakewalk. They had a nice easy switchbacked grade the whole way. There were some really good views along the way. {Insert pretty mountain top vista views here} When I got to the top of the 2nd mountain I was feeling so good that I wanted to hike an extra 7 miles and go up the Priest, the first 4000 ft mountain since VT. My enthusiasm quickly waned once I started going down the 2000 ft to our evening campsite. That night it was really cold again. After yesterday being in the 90's today's hike in the low 80's the tempature tonight got all the way down to the low to mid 40's. I'd camped in colder weather up in maine but back then I was more used to it. The sudden change from dripping sweaty hot to freezing cold made it feel even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment