Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 94

I finally talked rj into doing a 23 mile day. I think that's mostly because we could stop at one of the wayside rest stops on the shenandoah mountains.

So far the shenandoah are amazing. The trail is almost all dirt except for steep inclines, which are all switchbacks so steep is relative, but those have so many water bars that they might as well have steps the whole way. So the rocks aren't bad at all. I've convinced rj that it is fun to mess with the tourists in the cars by waving at any car that can see us. The looks of confusion on their faces is priceless as they wave back at us.
On another note I got to see my first bears today. There was a moma and two cubs that I scared off a side trail to an overlook. Mom and one cub took off down trail and one climbed a tree. I got my camera out to take a picture of the treed cub and was focusing for a good picture when it started to make whiny I'm scared noises while sliding down the tree. So I took a blurry picture and retreated.

No comments:

Post a Comment