Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 85

From Boiling Springs I decided to just hike to the halfway point and camp at the nearby shelter. This was an easy 20 mile day but there was a significant challenge in the middle. Right before the halfway point was where the Half Gallon Challenge was hosted. The half gallon challenge is to eat a half gallon of ice cream. You can do the easy way out and eat the "half gallon" which is really just 1.5 quarts or man up and eat the "half gallon" plus a pint. I wimped out and did the "half gallon". There was only one flavor left, mint chocolate chip, so I didn't have a choice of flavor. I had been warned by nobos to pick a flavor that I didn't want to eat again for a while, luckily this worked out as I've never been a big fan of mint chocolate chip.
I managed to beat this challenge easily. It only took me 23 minutes to finish. I considered doing the extra pint but with 4 more miles to hike I called it quits there. On my way to the shelter I passed the official ATC halfway point but not the actual halfway point.

No comments:

Post a Comment