Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 82

Smiles and Busch were staying at the Doyle as well, and after my encounter with the snake I decided I didn't want to hike alone until I got out of Pennsylvania, or at least the snakey part of it. Busch was going to take a zero to let some blisters he got from his new shoes and Smiles was going to be doing a very short 3 days to get to Boiling Springs where she was going to go to a theater production on wednesday. So I tagged along with Smiles for a 4 mile day. Very easy, very relaxing, with some decent views, and my ankle was still hurting so a short day was for the best.

When we got to the shelter we had a fire going and kept it going for 5 or 6 hours. Normally when we build fires it goes for about an hour while someone cooks dinner or scares the bugs away.

No comments:

Post a Comment