Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 8th 657 to 673

A beautiful morning. Got up to watch the sunrise and hiked to the next water source. Water in this stretch isn't too bad about every 10 miles. Which is great since I lost 3 litres of carrying capacity. My 2 and 1 litre water bottles both sprung leaks right before walker pass. Not a big deal since I had an extra 2 litre bottle but if the other 1 litre breaks I won't be able to use my sawyer filter.
The hike was a nice change almost the whole day was spent under trees. It still got really hot mid day but with all the shade and trees it wasn't that bad. I had planned to hike 24 miles to a water source but on my way there I saw such a great camping spot that I had to stop. It was on a ledge with a perfect view of the valley below. Unfortunately there were ants. Which meant I was in my tent instead of enjoying the scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment