Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 11th Kennedy medows to 710

Spent another morning chilling on the porch. I had planned to zero here and let the folks I had been hiking with before I 15 catch up but that was before some of the other hikers pointed out we could make it to Whitney with a full moon. It would require doing a few big days again but just sounded so great that I had to go. 
That meant I had to stop procrastinating and grab my packages. The one I mailed from Agua dulce was exactly as expected. The new shoes were definitely needed since my old ones had no tad left and the left shoe had lost all cushioning since walker pass. The other package was the bear vault that Grommet sent. It was filled with all kinds of goodies. I couldn't find a good way to get the vault in my pack, it was either weighting heavily on one side of the pack or digging into my spine. I decided to just strap it onto the top and see how that goes.

I decided to stick around for the spaghetti dinner that was going to be served the hike. While I was waiting Jay showed up. He decided to get back in the trail and hike instead of sit at home and drink. I highly approve. I told him about my Whitney plan and he wanted to give it a shot. We hiked 7 miles to a nice camp spot and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment