Saturday, June 7, 2014

June 4th bird spring pass road to walker pass

Nothing like a morning hike up a mountain to get you going. Luckily for me there was a fully stocked water cache at the road so I was able to drink a few litres before I started so I could carry less up the hill. The view from the top was more of the same and in ready for the desert to be over. I hiked until lunch time as usual and found a shady spot to rest in. I picked a bad spot, I should have kept going when I saw the cow shit everywhere. The shade was nice but I got bit by a tick while I was resting. I didn't notice it since I was sleeping in some pointy leaves and just thought it was another leaf prick. Either way I burned the little fucker. After that I just and hiked to the campground I was meeting dad at. He showed up eventually, ahead of schedule but since I had no signal since Tehachapi we did rather well. They wanted to go to a campground and spend the night there. I was like nope I need a shower and bed. You guys go play at camping I'll be sleeping on a mattress tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment