Thursday, June 5, 2014

June 2nd Golden oaks to mi 605

Woke up to some cows drinking water straight from the spring. Kinda gross. I filtered my water regardless of where is from but still not pleasant to see. They were cute cows, 3 female 1 male and 2 calves. There was another 16+ miles hike to the next water source so my pack was heavy again. I made it 12 miles to some shade before it got to hot and I had to rest.

The next water source was a little nicer, still signs of cows everywhere but at least the springs source was fenced off. I cooked dinner at the spring like I have been over the last few days. It's really the only way to do it, otherwise you have to carry an extra litre. I could have done that since for the first time in days the next water source was only 10 miles away. I wasn't going to make it there today. I just hiked until the sunset and found a nice flat spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment