Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lake city to yurt

Lazy day hanging around the hostel. I did my resupply at the grocery across the street and it was stocked with almost exactly the way I'd stock it. Needless to say I spent more money there than I should have. The local bakery was also fantastic. I think Lake city is now my favorite trail town on the CDT.

I went ahead and made my airline reservations for 10 day from now. It should only take 6 days of hiking to finish but there will be a day lost in pagosa springs to resupply, and soak in hot springs. Then a day lost getting away from platoro. Then a day lost getting to albuquerque. Which puts me at 9 days. I think. Either way the plane ticket is purchased so I'll be in Albuquerque in 10 days and Maryland 7 hours after that.

I did eventually get around to leaving town and got a ride back up to the pass with a gentleman going up there to pick mushrooms. He was after Chantelle mushrooms in particular and I had him show me one so I'd know what to look for. Apparently they go for $50 a pound in grocery stores. After that I booked it cause I saw thunderstorms on the horizon and knew I'd be exposed until I got to my camp spot. A very nice camp spot in a valley in a yurt. I got here just in time as the storm showed up when I walked in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment