Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My lake to South Fork Sun River Bridge


So today is the longest day of the year. Along with that comes a tradition known as hike naked day. Beads and Papichulo were very Gung-ho and got some pictures next to the Chinese wall. I stayed clothed hoping I could try the other tradition known as giant bonfire day. The hike was fantastic. The wall was huge and totally worth the hike out to it. 

We hiked slowly taking lots of breaks and just enjoying our last day in the Bob. The weather was perfect and we took lunch at the end of the wall. Surprisingly there were quite a few hikers out going the other direction. This was the first time I'd seen anyone, besides CDT hikers, on trail outside of Glacier. I guess the wall is pretty popular or it's the first day of summer and people want to get out. 

We hiked until 9 before camping at a beautiful bridge near a river. I guess with all the horse packers they need a bridge to keep the river banks decent. I wasn't able to build a bonfire so I had to quickly hike naked across the bridge to keep my trail karma up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment