Saturday, June 27, 2015

East Glacier to Summit Mtn Lodge

It took me until noon to get out of town. I wanted to get the maps from Glacier to Helena on my phone before I started. I tried downloading them last night but the WiFi at the hotel kept cutting out and I was using my roaming minutes. I had a gig of maps to download and I think that's too much for a roaming connection. So I sat around at the local bakery this morning for two hours while they downloaded.

The hike was fairly easy. It was rolling hills on nice trail, I was back in Glacier for this section. Eventually some thunderstorms rolled in to make the hike more interesting. I couldn't see the lightning but the thunder was amazing.

I kept hiking to Marias pass where I was told there was a place to get dinner. I was completely surprised by the restaurant. They were a steakhouse that had just opened up for the year 2 days ago and this was their second year of operation. Their best dish, which 3 of us got, was a pork loin with a huckleberry glaze. It was delecious. I was joined for dinner by Beads and Papichulo who had ridden the van up and Wanderer the first true southbounder. After dinner, and some wine, we decided to rent one of the cabins since the owner liked us and was giving us a discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment