Sunday, April 30, 2017

The real Virginia shows up

Today's milage 57.6

If the last few days have been something out of a Virginia tourism welcome guide. Today was the welcome to the next month of your life preview. All day long nothing but uphill follow immediately by down. I would be surprised if I rode more than 5 miles on flat ground today. Don't get me wrong the scenery was great, traffic almost non existent, and the temps nice and cool in the morning. I even gave myself enough time to sit down and do nothing during the hot part of the day and skipped rush hour.

Prior to today I was wondering what if I would ever use my max granny gear. Everytime I tried it out it was such overkill that I thought there is no way I'm going to need this. That was before I started riding these backcountry Appalachian roads. Now I'm wondering if there is a way to get an even easier gear to use. In Charlottesville I was in max granny gear and still had to zig zag my way up a hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment