Friday, April 14, 2017

Starting soon

So here we go again, I just finished my last day at work! This year I'm going to be trying something new(biking across the country), something old(hiking across the country), and something blue(no idea what but it's tradition). I leave on April, 23rd so I'll be starting soon. I'm going to be biking a well established route that started in 1976 called the Transamerica Trail, aka National Bike Route 76.

I'm working on getting everything finalized for this trip. My bike is finished. My Local Bike Shop(LBS), The Bike Doctor, took a buncha my money and gave me a nice bike(next post will have details and pictures of it). I threw some bags on it and everything fits, sorta. I was thinking I could fit more stuff since weight isn't a major factor but, I have even less space than my backpack. Since I don't need to carry much food or water I should be ok. I have always got my rear rack with a bungee net available if I need more room.

I also picked up a fancy camera(a Fujifilm X-T1 with a 35mm prime lens) for this trip since I'm not pleased with the quality of the pictures my phone takes. I'm trying to figure out how to carry it. Currently I have it stored in the handlebar bag in a dry bag. That will work but I'm a little worried since there is no padding. I've thrown a bunch of soft squishy clothes and stuff in the bag so the camera should be ok. Getting the pictures on blogspot from my phone is still annoying. So expect much of the same from this blog with a wall of text followed by pictures. My goal is to write a more interesting blog which is more story and less a report but that will depend on how much time and effort I'm able to give it each day.

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading the ongoing adventures of Kaohi. Good luck with the new trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far it looks like surrounding it with soft stuff works. If I need to build a cover I'll probably try that.

    ReplyDelete