Thursday, August 3, 2017

I love the great divide basin.

So the wind forecast was the same as yesterday. If we make it to the town of muddy gap we'd have no wind otherwise it'd be hell. Since it was 50 miles to get there we got going early, like leaving the hotel by 530 early. I don't think that has happened since I started riding with these guys.

After a quick and terrible breakfast at McDonalds we started climbing up another continental divide pass. I don't remember it being such a long climb from when I did it last time but it was.

Once we got over the pass I was finally back in the basin. Taking a different route than last time but it was even more beautiful. There were no rides with wild horses but the gentle downhill and flats had us flying along at 16 mph average.  definitely one of the best rides of the trip. We made it to muddy gap by 11 even with stopping for 50+ pictures.

Unfortunately somewhere in there I strained my left hamstring. I think it was when I was bouncing along on my pedals to some heavy metal. I'm hoping that it's just a stain and not a pull. It feels like a Charlie horse so there is hope.

We made it to Jeffery city which is a shit hole of a town of 25 drunks, 1 million mosquitos(makes no sense its a desert), and a nice church hostel. We took over the hostel thinking we'd have it to ourselves but around 8pm 5 ppl roll in, 3 brits and 2 flag wearing Americans. They seem nice but totally ruined our nice quiet peaceful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment