Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 67

From the monks place I had another short 14 mile day planned to black rock mountain. Some nobos said its a good spot to camp since you got a clear view of new york city. It was also supposed to be a good night to look go meteors. The hike there was by far the easiest trail I had hiked. The trail went over the hudson, through a zoo, and over bear mountain which is a huge tourist attraction. I must have seen 1000+ people. Because it's such a tourist attraction they have some of the best maintained trails. The hike up bear mountain was along some newly installed stone stairs that belonged in a national monument. When I camped up on black rock mountain there was "clear" skys but not really cause of all the pollution from the city. Even still I got to see the nyc skyline but not many meteors due to light pollution.

No comments:

Post a Comment