Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Breckenridge to Silverthorne

After finishing the hike up mount Baldy I went and grabbed my bike from the hostel and rode down to Silverthorne where Jim's friend's condo was. While I woulda enjoyed a third night at the Fireside Inn Jim and Keith wanted to get up and going early in the morning since we had a long ride tomorrow with hot springs available at the end. 

The ride from Breckeridge to Silverthorne was one of the top 3 of the trip so far. The entire section was slightly downhill, with a tailwind, along a bike path next to either a river or a lake. It was peaceful easy riding. I stopped off in Frisco to buy one of those goofy cyclist hats since I had apparently gotten sunburn on my head since I got my haircut in pueblo. I think it was from the hiking not the cycling but either way I got one of those stupid hats. 

When I got to Silverthorne I grabbed dinner with MeHap who had hiked the CDT with me and drove up from Denver. It was a great time but remanising made both of us want to get out and hike. MeHap was even talking about quitting his job and coming out to join me... Unfortunatly there is still way to much snow on the PCT to start so I gotta keep riding. If the rest of the trip is like today I think I'll enjoy it if its like Hoosier pass I'm quitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment